The scholarship is awarded to the best essay project (essay, webtext, research project) in Rhetoric and Professional Writing.
The following rules apply:
- Competition for the scholarships is open to English graduate students currently enrolled at OSU.
- Entrants should include no identifying information on their entry, print or digital.
- All submissions should include the attached application form stating the title of entry, applicant's name, address, phone number and CWID.
- Students should submit no more than one project for each scholarship, though they may submit for multiple scholarships. Students who choose to submit essays for multiple scholarships must submit different entries. Entries for this award should not have been submitted for other awards, prizes, or scholarships.
- Entries, if classroom projects, should show evidence of careful revision and proofreading.
- Entries will be judged for originality, substance, and style. Entries submitted for these prizes will be judged by a committee of graduate faculty.
Application materials should be submitted to JuDean Howerton via email at email@example.com. See the English Department Scholarship page for application deadlines. Click here for the Professional Writing Scholarship application.