Office: Morrill Hall 112, Linguistic Lab
Phone: (405) 744-
Education: PhD student in TESL and Applied Linguistics
- Teaching of L2 Pronunciation
- Corrective Feedback
- Teacher Cognition
- Teacher Training
- ENGL 1223: International Freshman Composition II (Fall 2019 & Spring 2020)
Saeli, H., Dalman, M., & Rahmati, P. (2020). How do learners engage with oral corrective feedback on lexical stress errors? Effects of learner engagement on the working of corrective feedback. Australian Review of Applied Linguistics. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1075/aral.19010.sae
Marashi H. & Rahmati P. (2017). The Effect of teaching reading strategies on EFL learners’ reading anxiety. International Journal of Research in English Education, 2(2), 43-52.
Selected Conference Presentations
- The correlation between the use of formulaic sequences and temporal measures of utterance fluency. (2019). Paper presented at Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching (PSLLT); Flagstaff, AZ., USA.
- Listening anxiety, listening comprehension strategies, and listening performance among university EFL students. (2019). Paper presented at Second Language Research Form (SLRF); East Lansing, MI, USA (with Mohammadreza Dalman).
- International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Examiner; January 2019 – Present
- Academic Chair at TESLing Student Organization; May 2020 – Present.
- Assistant at the Linguistic Lab, Department of English; January 2020 – present.
- President at TESLing Student Organization; May 2019 – May 2020.
- Liaison at TESLing Student Organization; GPSGA; January 2019 – June 2019.
Awards and Recognition
- The TESLing President’s Award. (2020). Oklahoma State University, Department of English.
- The TESLing Excellence in Leadership Award. (2020). Oklahoma State University, Department of English.
- The OSU Dr. Ravi Sheorey Travel Grant. (2019).
- Teacher Cognition and Teacher Training
- Oral Corrective Feedback on L2 Pronunciation
- Intelligibility, comprehensibility, accentedness, and acceptability