Office: Morrill Hall 112, Linguistic Lab
PhD student in TESL and Applied Linguistics
- Teaching of L2 pronunciation
- Oral corrective feedback on L2 learners’ pronunciation errors
- Teacher cognition
- Teacher training
- Intelligibility, comprehensibility, accentedness, and oral fluency
- ENGL 1223: International Freshman Composition II
- Saeli, H., Rahmati, P., Dalman, M. (2021). Oral corrective feedback and pronunciation errors: The mediating effects of learners’ engagement with feedback. Advances in Language and Literary Studies, 12(4), 68-78. [Link to the article]
- Saeli, H., Dalman, M., & Rahmati, P. (2020). How do learners engage with oral corrective feedback on lexical stress errors? Effects of learner engagement on the working of corrective feedback. Australian Review of Applied Linguistics, 43(3), 247–276. [Link to abstract]
- Marashi H. & Rahmati P. (2017). The Effect of teaching reading strategies on EFL learners’ reading anxiety. International Journal of Research in English Education, 2(2), 43-52. [Link to the article]
Selected Conference Presentations
- Rahmati, P. & Dalman, M., & Saeli, H. (2021). U.S. Undergraduates’ Perceptions of ITAs’ Speech: Does Accentedness Render ITAs’ Speech Less Acceptable? (2021); Paper presented at AAAL.
- Dalman, M., Rahmati, P., & Saeli, H. (2021). Pronunciation in EFL classrooms: A study of the Iranian teachers’ training, attitudes and practices. (2021); Paper presented at Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching PSLLT; Purdue University, IN., USA.
- Rahmati, P. & Dalman, M. (2020). U.S. undergraduates' perceptions of ITAs' acceptability: Does intelligibility override accentedness in acceptability judgements? Paper presented at Second Language Research Form (SLRF); Nashville, TN., USA.
- Rahmati, P. (2019). The correlation between the use of formulaic sequences and temporal measures of utterance fluency. Paper presented at Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching (PSLLT); Flagstaff, AZ., USA.
- Dalman, M. & Rahmati, P. (2019). Listening anxiety, listening comprehension strategies, and listening performance among university EFL students. Paper presented at Second Language Research Form (SLRF); East Lansing, MI, USA.
- Teaching assistant at the Language Studies Lab; January 2020 – present.
- International Teaching Assistant (ITA) Examiner; January 2019 – Present.
Academic Chair at TESLing Student Organization; May 2020 – May 2021.
- President at TESLing Student Organization; May 2019 – May 2020.
- Coordinator at Friends of Oklahoma and Language Studies (FOOLS); Fall 2020 – Present.
- Coordinator at Lab Research and Tools Training Sessions (LabRATTS); Fall 2020 – Present.
Awards and Recognition
- The TESLing Excellence in Leadership (2021).
- The TESLing Board of Administration (2021).
- The OSU Dr. Ravi Sheorey Travel Grant. (2020).
- The OSU Dr. Ravi Sheorey Travel Grant. (2019).
- The TESLing President’s (2020).
- The TESLing Excellence in Leadership Award. (2020).
- Teacher Cognition and Teacher Training
- Oral Corrective Feedback on L2 Pronunciation
- Intelligibility, comprehensibility, accentedness, and acceptability