Address: Morrill 201C
British Literature and Culture Pre-1500
PhD, University of California-Riverside
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- Middle English Literature
- Medical Humanities
- Disability Studies
- Manuscript Studies
- History of Medicine
“Opening the Medieval Folding Almanac.” Exemplaria 30.1: 49-65 (2018).
Selected Conference Presentations
“‘Rede hit sofft’: Durative Healthcare in the Life and Poetry of John Audelay.” International Medieval Congress, Leeds, UK, July 2019.
“Experience and Reason: The Narrative Remedy Collection of Donatus Antonius in BL MS Harley 4349.” Marco Manuscript Workshop, Knoxville, TN, February 2019.
“(Im)practical Magic: Middle English Recipe Compendiums and Everyday Recreation.” New Chaucer Society, Toronto, Canada, July 2018.
“‘A gracious remedé’: John Audelay’s Didactic Prescriptions.” International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May 2018
Awards and Recognition
- Mellon/ACLS Dissertation Completion Fellowship (2019-2020)
- Evelyn S. Nation Fellow in the History of Medicine (Huntington Library, 2019)
- Andrew Vincent White and Florence Wales White Scholarship in the Medical Humanities (University of California Humanities Research Institute, 2019; declined)
- Schallek Award (Medieval Academy of America and Richard III Society, 2019)
- Foremothers Fellow (Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship, 2018-2019)
- Humanities Research Grant (UC Riverside Center for Ideas and Society, 2018 & 2019)