MFA in Writing and Literature, Bennington College
BA in History of Art, Smith College
Areas of Interest
- 20th century women's literature
- ENGL 1113: Composition I
- ENGL 1213: Composition II
- ENGL 1413: Critical Analysis & Writing II (Multimodal)
- ENGL 2513: Introduction to Creative Writing
- Pentimento, winner of the 2017 Gold Line Press Chapbook Competition, judged by Safiya Sinclair, March 2019.
- “Waiting for Men to Come Home from Wars.” So to Speak: feminist journal of language and art (forthcoming).
- “Petroglyphs.” Inverted Syntax (forthcoming).
- “Pantoum for Burning.” Pembroke (forthcoming).
- “Land Run Haibun,” “The Salesman.” Nimrod International Journal, Fall/Winter 2019.
- Review of Katy Bohinc’s Scorpio, “The Gorgeous and the Grotesque,” American Book Review, Volume 40, Number 3, March/April 2019.
- “Cutting Hair.” Poet Lore, Spring 2019.
- “Near Misses.” CutBank, Spring 2019.
- “A Practice of Gestures.” TriQuarterly, Spring 2019.
- Review of Rachel McKibben’s blud, “Accepting in Blud Inheritance,” American Book Review, Volume 39, Number 6, September/October 2018.
- “The Magician.” Rabbit Issue 26: Belonging.
- “The Men I’ve Never Loved, Exactly.” Dogwood, Spring 2018.
- “Heat,” “Success That is Partly the Result of Chance.” The Boiler, March 2018.
- “Changing the Baby.” Free State Review, February 2018.
- “Husband Ghazal,” “Reckoning.” Lunch Ticket: Amuse Bouche, January 2018.
- “Taking Up the Dock.” Midwestern Gothic, Winter 2018.
- “Wife.” Barrow Street, Winter 2017/2018.
- “Kissing Angelina.” Tinderbox, December 2017.
- “My Sister Says.” Four Chambers, Fall 2017.
- “Time is Blood.” POETS.org, August 2017.
- “It’s Not Like the Movies.” The Tishman Review, Spring 2017.
- “Joey Teaches Me How to Chop Wood.” Bridge Eight, Spring 2016.
- “Family Dollar,” “My Mother Saves a Man O’ War,” “Pears.” Coda, Spring 2016.
- “Risk.” Boulevard, Spring 2016.
- “Filling Out Forms.” Driftwood, July 2015.
- “Learning the Tarot.” Madcap, July 2015.
- “Sylvia Plath in the Kitchen.” Coal Hill Review, June 2015.
- “Martha Stewart Makes Duck Confit.” The Olentangy Review, June 2014.
- Review of Diane Gilliam Fisher’s Kettle Bottom, The Operating System, April 2014.
- Southern Colorado Conference for the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, April 2016, as part of the panel, The Writer Goes Pop: Memory, Influence, and Processing Pop Culture, CSU-Pueblo.
- Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery (SISSI) Conference, March 2015, Image of the Rebel: as part of the panel, The Poetics of the Rebel, CSU-Pueblo.
- SISSI Conference, March 2015, Image of the Hero: as part of the panel, The Poetics of the Hero, CSU-Pueblo.
- Recreational Coordinator, Bennington Writing Seminars, January 2020
- Assistant Director of Creative Writing, Oklahoma State University, 2018-2019
- Facilitator, Dissertation Writing Workshop, OSU Writing Center, Fall 2018
- Secretary, OSU Creative Writers Association, 2017-2018
- Poetry Reader, The Cimarron Review, 2017-Present
- Associate Editor, Pilgrimage Magazine, 2015-Present
- Nature Walk Coordinator, Oklahoma State University, Spring 2017
- Poetry Workshop Facilitator, La Vista Correctional Facility, Spring 2016
- Poetry Workshop Facilitator, Pueblo West Public Library, Spring 2016
- Regional Coordinator and State Judge, Southeastern Colorado History Day, 2014-2016
- Copy Editor, Pilgrimage Magazine, 2013-2015
- Reader, The Literary Review, 2014-2015
- Writing Contest Judge, Otero Junior College, 2014-2015
Awards and Recognition
- Winner, Poetry Contest, So to Speak: feminist journal of language and art, judged by t’ai freedom ford, 2020.
- Fellowship, Vermont Studio Center, February 2020.
- Finalist, Thomas Lux Scholarship, Palm Beach Poetry Festival, 2020.
- Winner, Marye Lynn Cummings Scholarship, OSU, judged by Donika Kelly, 2019.
- Writers Coop Resident, Sundress Academy for the Arts, November 2018.
- Winner, Chapbook Competition, Gold Line Press, 2017.
- Finalist, Dogwood Literary Prize, Dogwood: A Journal of Poetry and Prose, 2018.
- Semi-Finalist, 2018 Lexi Rudnitsky First Book Prize in Poetry, Persea Books, 2017.
- Finalist, Moon City Poetry Award, Moon City Press, 2017.
- Winner, University & College Poetry Prize, judged by Molly Brodak, Academy of American Poets, 2017.
- Finalist, Chapbook Contest, The Center for Book Arts, 2017.
- Finalist, Best of the Net, Sundress Publications, 2017.
- Finalist, Edna St. Vincent Millay Poetry Prize, The Tishman Review, 2017.
- Semi-Finalist, Brittingham & Felix Pollak Prizes in Poetry, University of Wisconsin Press, 2016.
- Finalist, First Book Contest, Autumn House Press, 2016.
- Finalist, Chapbook Contest, Iron Horse Literary Review, 2016.
- Honorable Mention, Emerging Poets Contest, Boulevard, 2016.
- Liam Rector Poetry Prize, Bennington College, 2015.
- Finalist, Chapbook Contest, Coal Hill Review, 2015.
- Winner, Winter Poetry Contest, Sixfold Literary Journal, 2013.
- Winner, Mark Fischer Poetry Prize, 2010.
- Elizabeth Babcock Poetry Prize, Smith College, 2007.