MFA in Writing and Literature, Bennington College
BA in History of Art, Smith College
Areas of Interest
- 20th century women's literature
- ENGL 1113: Composition I
- ENGL 1213: Composition II
- ENGL 1413: Critical Analysis & Writing II (Multimodal)
- ENGL 2513: Introduction to Creative Writing
Pentimento, winner of the 2017 Gold Line Press Chapbook Competition, judged by Safiya Sinclair, March 2019.
“Waiting for Men to Come Home from Wars.” So to Speak: feminist journal of language and art (forthcoming).
“Petroglyphs.” Inverted Syntax (forthcoming).
“Pantoum for Burning.” Pembroke (forthcoming).
“Land Run Haibun,” “The Salesman.” Nimrod International Journal, Fall/Winter 2019.
Review of Katy Bohinc’s Scorpio, “The Gorgeous and the Grotesque,” American Book Review, Volume 40, Number 3, March/April 2019.
“Cutting Hair.” Poet Lore, Spring 2019.
“Near Misses.” CutBank, Spring 2019.
“A Practice of Gestures.” TriQuarterly, Spring 2019.
Review of Rachel McKibben’s blud, “Accepting in Blud Inheritance,” American Book Review, Volume 39, Number 6, September/October 2018.
“The Magician.” Rabbit Issue 26: Belonging.
“The Men I’ve Never Loved, Exactly.” Dogwood, Spring 2018.
“Heat,” “Success That is Partly the Result of Chance.” The Boiler, March 2018.
“Changing the Baby.” Free State Review, February 2018.
“Husband Ghazal,” “Reckoning.” Lunch Ticket: Amuse Bouche, January 2018.
“Taking Up the Dock.” Midwestern Gothic, Winter 2018.
“Wife.” Barrow Street, Winter 2017/2018.
“Kissing Angelina.” Tinderbox, December 2017.
“My Sister Says.” Four Chambers, Fall 2017.
“Time is Blood.” POETS.org, August 2017.
“It’s Not Like the Movies.” The Tishman Review, Spring 2017.
“Joey Teaches Me How to Chop Wood.” Bridge Eight, Spring 2016.
“Family Dollar,” “My Mother Saves a Man O’ War,” “Pears.” Coda, Spring 2016.
“Risk.” Boulevard, Spring 2016.
“Filling Out Forms.” Driftwood, July 2015.
“Learning the Tarot.” Madcap, July 2015.
“Sylvia Plath in the Kitchen.” Coal Hill Review, June 2015.
“Martha Stewart Makes Duck Confit.” The Olentangy Review, June 2014.
Review of Diane Gilliam Fisher’s Kettle Bottom, The Operating System, April 2014.
Southern Colorado Conference for the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, April 2016, as part of the panel, The Writer Goes Pop: Memory, Influence, and Processing Pop Culture, CSU-Pueblo.
Society for the Interdisciplinary Study of Social Imagery (SISSI) Conference, March 2015, Image of the Rebel: as part of the panel, The Poetics of the Rebel, CSU-Pueblo.
SISSI Conference, March 2015, Image of the Hero: as part of the panel, The Poetics of the Hero, CSU-Pueblo.
- Recreational Coordinator, Bennington Writing Seminars, January 2020
- Assistant Director of Creative Writing, Oklahoma State University, 2018-2019
- Facilitator, Dissertation Writing Workshop, OSU Writing Center, Fall 2018
- Secretary, OSU Creative Writers Association, 2017-2018
- Poetry Reader, The Cimarron Review, 2017-Present
- Associate Editor, Pilgrimage Magazine, 2015-Present
- Nature Walk Coordinator, Oklahoma State University, Spring 2017
- Poetry Workshop Facilitator, La Vista Correctional Facility, Spring 2016
- Poetry Workshop Facilitator, Pueblo West Public Library, Spring 2016
- Regional Coordinator and State Judge, Southeastern Colorado History Day, 2014-2016
- Copy Editor, Pilgrimage Magazine, 2013-2015
- Reader, The Literary Review, 2014-2015
- Writing Contest Judge, Otero Junior College, 2014-2015
Awards and Recognition
- Winner, Poetry Contest, So to Speak: feminist journal of language and art, judged by t’ai freedom ford, 2020.
- Fellowship, Vermont Studio Center, February 2020.
- Finalist, Thomas Lux Scholarship, Palm Beach Poetry Festival, 2020.
- Winner, Marye Lynn Cummings Scholarship, OSU, judged by Donika Kelly, 2019.
- Writers Coop Resident, Sundress Academy for the Arts, November 2018.
- Winner, Chapbook Competition, Gold Line Press, 2017.
- Finalist, Dogwood Literary Prize, Dogwood: A Journal of Poetry and Prose, 2018.
- Semi-Finalist, 2018 Lexi Rudnitsky First Book Prize in Poetry, Persea Books, 2017.
- Finalist, Moon City Poetry Award, Moon City Press, 2017.
- Winner, University & College Poetry Prize, judged by Molly Brodak, Academy of American Poets, 2017.
- Finalist, Chapbook Contest, The Center for Book Arts, 2017.
- Finalist, Best of the Net, Sundress Publications, 2017.
- Finalist, Edna St. Vincent Millay Poetry Prize, The Tishman Review, 2017.
- Semi-Finalist, Brittingham & Felix Pollak Prizes in Poetry, University of Wisconsin Press, 2016.
- Finalist, First Book Contest, Autumn House Press, 2016.
- Finalist, Chapbook Contest, Iron Horse Literary Review, 2016.
- Honorable Mention, Emerging Poets Contest, Boulevard, 2016.
- Liam Rector Poetry Prize, Bennington College, 2015.
- Finalist, Chapbook Contest, Coal Hill Review, 2015.
- Winner, Winter Poetry Contest, Sixfold Literary Journal, 2013.
- Winner, Mark Fischer Poetry Prize, 2010.
- Elizabeth Babcock Poetry Prize, Smith College, 2007.