Name: Svetlana Koltovskaia
Office: 414 Morrill Hall
- L2 writing
- Technology in education
- Intercultural pragmatics
- Genre analysis
- ENGL 1223: International Freshman Composition II (Fall 2018, Spring 2018, & Fall 2017)
- ENGL 4893: Research Writing for International Graduate Students (Fall 2019 & Spring 2019)
Media Review of Storybird, http://www.tesl-ej.org/wordpress/issues/volume23/ej89/ej89m1/
Selected Conference Presentations
Presenter at the 4th Annual TESL & Applied Linguistics Spring Forum, OSU, Stillwater, Ok, with the topic: “Technology showcase: Grammarly,” April, 15, 2019.
Presenter at the 2019 TESOL Doctoral Research Forum, Omni Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia, with the topic: “Uptake of Suggestions in Online Writing Center Sessions,” March, 12, 2019.
Presenter at SCWCA conference, UMHB, Belton, Texas, with the topic: “On the Ways of Improving the Uptake of Suggestions and Increasing Elasticity in Online Writing Center Sessions”, Feb., 21-23, 2019.
Presenter at the IWCA 2017 Annual Conference, Sheraton Grand Chicago, Chicago, IL with the topic: “Pragmatic Aspects of Communication between Agents and Multilingual Clients,” November, 10-13, 2017.
Presenter at the Second Annual TESL and Applied Linguistics Spring Forum, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma with the topic: “From Freaky to Geeky: Role of National Holidays in Arousing ESL/EFL learners’ Motivation,” April 1, 2017.
Presenter at the 38th Annual Meeting of the ECWCA 2015 conference, University of Notre Dame, Indiana, with the topic: "English Encounters Chinese and Arabic: Examining the Accents in Writing and Structural Identities between the Languages,” April 12, 2015.
Presenter at the 20th Annual Michigan Writing Centers Association Ideas Exchange conference, Lansing, Community College, Lansing, Michigan with the topic: “Those awkward moments," October 25, 2014.
Presenter at the Michigan Writing Centers Association conference, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, Michigan with the topic: “ESL consultants at the writing center?”, October 12, 2013.
- Multilingual Specialist and Online Supervisor, OSU writing center (Fall 2018, Spring, 2019, & Fall 2019)
- Co-leader, “Multilingual Writers” Inquiry group, OSU writing center (Fall 2018 & Spring 2019)
- Job Materials Workshop Facilitator, the English Department (April 5, 2019)
- Dissertation Writing Workshop Facilitator (August 5-9, 2019; January 7-11, 2019,)
- Thesis Writing Workshop Facilitator ( January 28, 2017, September 14, 2018, & February 8, 2019)
- ITA rater for the International Teaching Assistant (ITA) test (August 14, 2018, December 17, 2018, May 14, 2019, & August, 13, 2019)
- Vice President of TESLing student association (May, 2017- May 2018)
- Program Chair of the 3rd Annual TESOL and Applied Linguistics 2018 Spring Forum (May, 2017- May 2018)
Awards and Recognition
- Ravi Sheorey TESL Award for Research (April 30, 2019)
- EGSA Research Travel Award (March 26, 2019)
- Ravi Sheorey TESL Award for Research (November 10, 2017)
- Scholarship for Incoming Graduate Student (August, 2016 -May, 2017)
Current Research Projects
Student engagement with Automated Feedback.