OSU'S Policy through Worldwide Assistance Covers:
- referrals to doctors or hospitals
- evacuation costs
- guarantees for payment of medical expenses
- For more information, contact the Division of International Studies and Outreach (x6642)
Faculty/Staff or students traveling abroad should send the following information to Bob Stallbaumer (email@example.com).
- Departure date and return date
- Passport number
- Travel itinerary
- OSU covers the cost of this insurance. However, the information noted above must be provided in advance for individuals to be covered.
If you are a first-time traveler, OSU offers insurance through ACE Executive Assistance Services at no charge to individuals traveling internationally. This insurance is available to faculty traveling internationally on professional business even if no university funds are being used. To get insurance in this case, fill out the travel form as normal putting in 0.00 for all estimated expenses and "Travel is at no expense to the University" in the Other Comments section. The university no longer provides insurance to spouses of OSU employees.