PhD, St. John's University
BA, George Washington University
Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Writing Center Theory and Pedagogy
- Feminist Research Methods
- Feminist Theory
- Composition Theory and Pedagogy
- Qualitative Research
- Writing Program Administration
- Out in the Center: Public Controversies and Private Struggles. Utah State University Press, forthcoming Spring 2018.
- "Everyday Truths: Reflections from a Woman Writing Center Professional." Out in the Center. Utah Universpty Press, forthcoming Spring 2018.
- Review Essay of The Working Lives of New Writing Center Directors. The Writing Center Journal 36.2. forthcoming Spring 2018.
- "Promoting Meaningful Writing in Our Writing Centers," at IWCA. Chicago, IL. November 11, 2017.
- "When the Secret is Out in the Center: Interrogating Private Struggles through Public Controversies," at IWCA. Chicago, IL. November 11, 2017.
- "The Aim of Out in the Center: Cultivating Change through Public Controversies and Private Struggles," at CCCC. Portland, OR. March 16, 2017.
- "Decolonizing Research," at IWCA. Denver, CO. October 14, 2016.
- "Feminist Action for Women Writing Program Administratiors: Movements for Change in the Academy," at CCCC. Houston, TX. April 8, 2016.
- "From Research Questions to Results: The Publication Pipeline," at IWCA Collaborative at CCCCs. Houston, TX. April 6, 2016.
Honors & Offices
- Associate Editor, The Writing Center Journal
- IWCA Representative, International Writing Centers Association
Current Research Projects
"'You're Just Kind of Chillin': The Same Old Story: Invisibility, Voice, and Authority in the Feminized Field of Writing Centers"
"Head Pats, Giant Boobs, and Looking on Fleek: Embodied Experiences of Women Writing Program Administrators"
Our Body of Works: Embodied Teaching and Administation in Writing Studies