PhD, University of Minnesota
Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Introduction to Descriptive Linguistics (undergraduate and graduate)
- Syntax (undergraduate and graduate)
- Language in America (undergraduate and graduate)
- English Grammar (undergraduate)
- Grammar Studies (graduate)
- Language, Text, and Culture (undergraduate)
- "Is English resumption different in appositive clauses?" Canadian Journal of Linguistics/Revue canadienne de linguistique. August 2019.
- "Two types of subject relatives." Snippets, Issue 31. June 2017.
- "Blocking effects and non-clause bound reflexives in Mandarin and American English." Linguistic Variation 15:1. September 2015.
- "Iron Range English reflexive pronouns." In Zanuttini, R. & Horn, L. (eds), Micro-syntactic Variation in North American English. Oxford University Press. 2014.
Current Research Projects
- Subject Contact Relative Constructions in English (e.g., "There's no one __ can do anything about it.") Link to poster presented at LSA Annual Meeting 2017
- Personal Dative Constructions in Oklahoma English (e.g., I baked me a cake.")