MA in Screen Studies, Oklahoma State University
BS in Mass Communication, Shepherd University
- History of American cinema
- Film training and professionalization
- Film festivals
- Experimental film and literature
- Global fiction, post-1945
- ENGL 1113: Composition I
- ENGL 1213: Composition II
- ENGL 2413: Introduction to Literature
- ENGL 2453: Introduction to Film and Television
- ENGL 3453: History of American Cinema
Selected Conference Presentations
"The Post-Fordist Film School." Society of Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS). Seattle, Washington. March 2019.
"Experimental TV: The Children's Television Workshop and the Avant-Garde." Society of Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS). Toronto, Canada. March 2018.
"Jane Campion Presents Julia Leigh: Mentorships at the International Film Festival." MPCA/ACA Regional Conference. Chicago, Illinois. October 2016.
- Webmaster, OSU English Department, 2015-present
- Projectionist, Exciterbulb Film Series, 2012-present
- Webmaster, OSU First Year Composition Program, 2014-2015
Awards and Recognition
- Houston-Truax-Wentz Travel Award, Spring 2019
- Houston-Truax-Wentz Travel Award, Spring 2018
- Leonard J. Leff Film and Media Studies Award, Spring 2016
Current Research Projects
My dissertation project is concerned with practice-based film and television education programs and their development under the logic of post-Fordist production. Relevant case studies include University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), University of Southern California (USC), and New York University (NYU); Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), Santa Fe Community College (SFCC), and Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC); and production programs associated with CILECT (The International Association of Film and Television Schools), such as Beijing Film Academy (BFA) and Australian Film, Television, and Radio School (AFTRS).