Please submit the following information:
- A 1-2 page statement of teaching and/or consulting philosophy that
- Addresses how you’ve innovated assignments or consulting sessions based on student needs and program outcomes;
- Includes two or more concrete examples;
- May describe teaching in first-year composition, technical writing and/or international composition and in writing center consulting. For example, if you’ve taught in and made contributions in both technical writing and composition, you could describe assignments in each, if relevant to your application. Likewise, if you’ve consulted and made contributions to the writing center and have taught and contributed to international composition, you may choose to describe both.
- A 1-2 page CV listing relevant teaching/consulting experience
- Letter of support from an AD or program director who has observed at least one class section or consultation
- Optional: letter of support from a former student or writer.
Applications will be judged based on the overall quality of the application materials:
- Evidence of innovative/adaptive and effective teaching practices
- Evidence of innovative and effective Writing Center inquiry projects and consulting practices.
Attach the application form stating the applicant's name, address, phone number, and CWID.
Applications will be evaluated by program directors. Please submit electronically to JuDean Howerton.
Click here for the Scholarship for Excellence in Teaching and/or Consulting application.