Address: 407 Morrill Hall
Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Teacher Research
- Critical Pedagogy
- Visual Rhetorics
- Cultural Rhetorics
- ENGL 1113: Composition I
- ENGL 1213: Composition II
- ENGL 1313(non-honors): Multimodal Composition I
- ENGL 1413 (non-honors): Multimodal Composition II
- ENGL 3203: Advanced Composition
- ENGL 3323: Technical Writing
- ENVR 5210: Genres of Environmental Writing
- AMST 3683/ENGL 3200: Story, Resistance, and Native American Communities (Teaching Assistant to Dr. Rachel Jackson)
- "Teach from our Feet and not our Knees: Ethics and Critical Pedagogy," In E. C. Carillo and A. S. Horning (Eds.), Teaching Critical Reading and Writing in the Era of Fake News, pp. 145-159, 2020.
- "Centering the Writing Classroom: A Practice of the Dialectic." column in Praxis: A Writing Center Journal, 17.2, 2020
- "The Writing Conference: A Practice in the Dialectic." South Central Writing Centers Association Newsletter, Inaugral Ed. 2013-2014 Issue.
- "Analytical Reading Using Toulmin Model of Argument." A Guide to the Writing and Research at Oklahoma State University and Beyond. Eds. Ron Brooks, Jessica Fokken, and Benjamin Smith. Southlake, TX: Fountainhead Press, 2015. Print.
- Guest Editor for the OSU First-Year-Composition Newsletter Assests 1.4. October 2015.
Honors and Awards
- Professional Writing Scholarship - Spring 2020
- Clinton C. Keeler Scholarship in English Studies - Spring 2020
- Certificate of Outstanding Achievement in Writing Pedagogy - Spring 2018
- Excellence in Teaching and/or Consulting Scholarship - Spring 2017
- The Bedford New Scholars Advisory Board - 2016-2017
- Honorary Graduate Commencement Marshall - December 2014
- Audry Chapman Scholarship for Excellence in Composition Instruction - Spring 2014
Professional Appointments or Professional Service
- English Department Web-administrator - Spring 2021-Summer 2021
- First-Year-Composition Web-administrator - Fall 2019-Spring 2020
- Research Assistant for Dr. Lynn C. Lewis: Data collection for FYC's pilot of "Eli" (online peer review platform)
- Facilitator, Dissertation/Thesis Writing Workshop program - 2017-2019
- Textbook Reviewer, Writer/Designer, 2nd Edition, Cheryl E. Ball, Jennifer Sheppard, Kristin L. Arola (Eds.), Bedford/St.Martin's, 2017-2018
- Chair, RSA Student Chapter @ OSU - 2016-2017
- Vice-Chair, RSA Student Chapter @ OSU - 2015-2016
- Scribe, RSA Student Chapter @ OSU - 2014-2015
- Guest Editor for Assets 1.4 - October 2015
Selected Conference Presentations
- "(Re)Imagining Cartographic Practices to Resist Inhospitality in Pedagogical Contexts." Rhetoric Society of American Conference, accepted, May 2020
- "Complicating Commonplaces of Literacy Instruction, Research, and Teacher Identities." Conference on College Composition & Communication, accepted, March 2020
- "Contours of Public Monuments: A Tribute to the Shadows of the D.H. Lawrence Ranch." Western States Rhetorics & LIteracy Conference (NMSU, Las Cruces, NM), October 2018
- "Intersections: Mapping Students' Embodied Literacies." 11th Biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics Conference, The University of Dayton, October 2017
- "Mapping in Teacher-Research: A Method for Visualizing Students' Embodied Experiences." Thomas R Watson Conference, October 2016
- "A Transformative Call for Citizenship: The Evolving Image of Smokey Bear." Rhetoric Society of America Conference, May 2016
- "Literacy Boundaries: Avatar as Composition." Conference on Computers and Writing, St. John Fisher College, May 2016
- "Merging Multimodal Pedagogy with Critical Pedagogy: The Day the Instructor Disappeared." Computers and Writing Conference, May 2015.
- "A Splendid Symbol: The Rhetoric of Hoover Dam." Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conferences at Reno (URNV), November 2014.
- "First-Year Composition: Bridging the Gap Between Instruction and Tutoring." Oklahoma State University Graduate Humanities Conference, March 2013.