Address: 440 Student Union
BA, Angelo State University
MA, English, Midwestern State University
Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Feminist Rhetoric
- Writing Center Theory & Pedagogy
- Social Justice Rhetorics & Antiracist Pedagogy
- Composition Pedagogies
- "Scene Report: Creating the Conversation Workshops in Oklahoma City." Writing Networks for Social Justice. Eds. Liz Lane and Don Unger. Independent, 2017.
- "Making Research Connections.” Inquiry, Research, and Argument at Oklahoma State University. Ed. Lynn Lewis. Fountainhead, 2016.
- "Annotated Bibliography.” A Guide to Writing and Research at OSU and Beyond. Eds. Ron Brooks, Jessica Fokken, and Benjamin Smith. Southlake: Fountainhead, 2015.
- "How to Locate Your Perspective.” A Guide to Writing and Research at OSU and Beyond. Eds. Ron Brooks, Jessica Fokken, and Benjamin Smith. Southlake: Fountainhead, 2015.
Selected Conference Presentations
- "Transforming Patriarchal Academic Institutions through Feminist Research: Exploring the Laboring Bodies and Languages of Women Writing Program Administrators” Roundtable Presentation. Conference on College Composition & Communication, Kansas City, MO, March 2018.
- "Beyond Inclusion: Developing a Mindful Approach to Racial Justice in Tutor Training.” South Central Writing Center’s Association Conference. University of Central Arkansas, Feb. 2018.
- "HeForWhom?: Identification and Transnational Feminism in Women’s Rights Advocacy.” Feminisms & Rhetorics Conference, Dayton, OH, October 2017.
- "The One Girl (R)Evolution: Malala Yousafzai’s Multicultural Girl Power Rhetoric.” Rhetoric Society of America Conference, Atlanta, GA, May 2016.
- "A Paci-feminist Ethic: Woolf’s & Yousafzai’s Rhetorical Responses to Tyranny.” Feminisms & Rhetorics Conference, Arizona State University, October 2015.
- "Terms of Engagement: Mapping Methods of Feminist Historiography.” Computers & Writing. University of Wisconsin-Stout, May 2015.
Honors and Offices
- Social Justice Specialist, OSU Writing Center (Aug. 2017 - Present)
- Interim Writing Center Director, OSU Academic Service for Student-Athletes (Jan. 2018 - Apr. 2018)
- Assistant Director, OSU First Year Composition Program (Aug. 2015 - May 2017)
- Founder, OKState FACE, Feminists Advocating for Community and Equity (Oct. 2015 – Present)
- Assistant Director, OSU Writing Center (Jan. 2014 - Aug. 2015)
- President, English Graduate Student Association (Aug. 2014 - Aug. 2015)
Current Research/Articles in Progress
- Working Dissertation Title: “Inviting You to See it Differently”: How Interpersonal Antiracist Activism Can Use Rhetoric and Writing Center Pedagogy"
- Article in Progress: “A Paci-Feminist Ethic: Woolf’s and Yousafzai’s Ethics of Care and Justice in Times of Tyranny”
Primarily, I chose OSU based on a feeling that the faculty members would provide thoughtful, flexible support, that the atmosphere would promote learning, and that I would be challenged. My experiences here have reinforced that intuition. I have received a great deal of support from faculty members, administrators, staff, and my fellow graduate students. It also doesn’t hurt that the campus is just beautiful!