04/06/2017 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
MOLLY BRODACK: blogging/publication/fellowship talk
04/06/2017 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
MOLLY BRODAK: Memoir and Poetry Reading
04/12/2017 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
Admission Requirements for TESOL Certificate
Admission to the Certificate Program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) requires a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. Other qualifications and application materials appear below. Applicants should be mindful that meeting the minimum standards for admission does not guarantee admission.
Admission Qualifications and Application Materials
- Applicants must have maintained an undergraduate grade-point average
of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants must submit a written statement of approximately 250 words identifying the specific program to which he or she is applying, particular interests in the field, reasons for undertaking graduate study in this area, relevant work experience, and future career plans.
- Applicants must submit the appropriate form and fees to the Graduate College.
Graduate College Online Application
TOEFL AND TWE
Applicants who are not native speakers of English must submit a score on the TOEFL iBT, or TOEFL and TWE, or IELTS, as part of their application.
A graduate degree in English requires students to have a high degree of mastery of all aspects of English language proficiency. For this reason, the department requires standardized English proficiency test scores for all applicants whose native language is not English, even those who have previously received degrees from American universities. The following are the minimum English proficiency requirements for admission to graduate study in the Department of English. Minimum scores are mandatory and we do not offer conditional admission.
English Department TOEFL Reading and Writing Requirements
Paper-based TOEFL Students who take the paper-based TOEFL must submit both a TOEFL and a TWE (Test of Written English) score. The minimum recommended score for the TOEFL is 600 and for the TWE is 5.0.
TOEFL ibT Students taking the TOEFL iBT should demonstrate high scores on all sub-tests. The minimum recommended total score is 100, with minimum reading and writing section scores of 26.
TOEFL Institution code for Oklahoma State University is 6546.
The department will accept IELTS scores in place of TOEFL scores. Students taking the IELTS should demonstrate high scores on all bands. The minimum recommended total band score is 7.0, with minimum reading and writing band scores of 7.0
Spoken English Proficiency for Employment
All persons for whom English is a second language are required to demonstrate an acceptable level of spoken English before being employed in an instructionally related capacity. For more information, consult the Graduate College International Admissions page: http://gradcollege.okstate.edu/content/application-process-0
1) OSU's English Department requires three letters of reference, please contact your references prior to beginning your application, and obtain their email addresses.
3) You will complete your entire application electronically.