Areas of Interest & Expertise
- English for Academic Purposes
- Language Attitudes
- Language Variation
Honors and Offices
- Editorial Assistance, Journal of Linguistic Geography
- Vice President, TESLing
- “Conveying Academic Expectations in the Writing Center: The not-so-black-and-white negotiation of ‘Standard American English’” South Central Writing Center Association Conference, March 2014.
- “Teaching Hypothetical Conditionals for Argumentative Writing in an L2 Classroom” OKTESOL, October 2014.
- “The Glad Acceptance of Sacrificial Responsibility”: Defining Manhood and Accountability in a Christian Men’s Group” Language and Linguistics Student Conference, November 2014.
Current Research/Articles in Progress
- RODEO – Research on Dialects of English in Oklahoma