$200 for best essay on either TESL or linguistics.
The following rules apply:
- Competition for the scholarships is open to English graduate students
currently enrolled at OSU.
- Essays should range in length from ten to forty pages of double-spaced
typescript. The cover page should include the scholarship name, title of entry, applicant's name, address, phone number and CWID. The name of the
contestant should not appear in the essay or on the title page.
- Each entry must have clipped to it a sheet of paper indicating the
name of the essay and the scholarship for which the essay is submitted. It
should also indicate the applicant's name, address, phone number and CWID. This is the
only place where the name of the applicant should appear.
- Students should submit no more than one essay for each scholarship,
though they may submit for multiple scholarships. Students who
choose to submit essays for multiple scholarships must submit different
- The essays will be judged for originality, tenability, significance,
and cogency of organization and prose style. Essays submitted
for these prizes will be judged by a committee of graduate faculty.
Application materials should be placed in JuDean Scott's mailbox in 205 Morrill Hall. See the main English Department Scholarship page for application deadlines.
Winners will be announced in January.
College of Arts & Sciences
Oklahoma State University
205 Morrill Hall
Stillwater, OK 74078
For Information about English Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org