04/06/2017 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
MOLLY BRODACK: blogging/publication/fellowship talk
04/06/2017 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
MOLLY BRODAK: Memoir and Poetry Reading
04/12/2017 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
Christopher Perkins, PhD student in Literature
Address: 401 Morrill Hall
Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Comedy and Humor
- Comedy and Dissent
- Hipsters and Lenny Bruce
Honors and Offices
- 2006 Winner of the Texas Association of Creative Writing Teachers Short Fiction Award
- "Get up Stand-up: Autobiographical Performance and Social Meaning in Stand-up Comedy.” PCA/ACA National Conference. Chicago, IL. 2014
- “Confound This Surly Nation: Synge’s Poems and Translations and Modern Ireland.” American Conference for Irish Studies Midwest Regional Meeting: Other Irelands. Iowa City, IA. 2013.
- “People and Puppets: Borders qua Comedy in The Code of the Woosters.” Oklahoma State EGSA Graduate Conference: Borders and Borderlands. Stillwater, OK. 2012.
- “The Sympathetic Detective: Father Brown and Mr. Monk.” Southwest Texas Pop Culture and American Culture Association. Albuquerque, NM. 2008
Current Research/Articles in Progress
The rhetoric of Lenny Bruce's album covers.
- The intersection of traditional modes of comedy with autobiography and new media in the comedy of social consciousness.