04/06/2017 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
MOLLY BRODACK: blogging/publication/fellowship talk
04/06/2017 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
MOLLY BRODAK: Memoir and Poetry Reading
04/12/2017 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
$250 for best essay on either TESL or linguistics.
The following rules apply:
- Competition for the scholarships is open to English graduate students currently enrolled at OSU.
- The name of the contestant should not appear in the essay or on the title page.
- Each entry must include the attached application form indicating the name of the essay, the applicant's name, address, phone number and CWID. This is the only place where the name of the applicant should appear. Click here for the TESL/Linguistic Scholarship application.
- Students should submit no more than one essay for each scholarship, though they may submit for multiple scholarships. Students who choose to submit essays for multiple scholarships must submit different entries.
- The essays will be judged for originality, tenability, significance, and cogency of organization and prose style. Essays submitted for these prizes will be judged by a committee of graduate faculty.
Application materials should be placed in JuDean Howerton's mailbox in 205 Morrill Hall. See the main English Department Scholarship page for application deadlines.