04/06/2017 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
MOLLY BRODACK: blogging/publication/fellowship talk
04/06/2017 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
MOLLY BRODAK: Memoir and Poetry Reading
04/12/2017 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
The May W. Woods Scholarship
$200 for the best unpublished scholarly or critical essay dealing with some area of English literature before 1800, though topics dealing with Jane Austen are also acceptable.
The following rules apply:
- Competition for the scholarships is open to undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled at OSU.
- Essays should range in length from ten to forty pages of double-spaced typescript. The cover-page should contain the title of the work and the competition for which it is submitted. The name of the contestant should not appear in the work or on the title page.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an application indicating the title of the entry, the name of the author, the author’s address, phone number, and CWID. This is the only place where the name of the author should appear. Click here for the May W. Woods Scholarship application.
- Students should submit no more than one entry for each scholarship, though they may submit for multiple scholarships. Students who choose to submit entries for multiple scholarships must submit different entries.
- Application materials should be placed in JuDean Howerton's mailbox in 205 Morrill Hall. See the main English Department Scholarship page for application deadlines. Winners will be posted in January.
- The essays will be judged for originality, tenability, significance, and cogency of organization and prose style. Applications will be processed by the Department Scholarship Committee.